When I last tried to solicit questions from my readership, Tamila jokingly suggested that planning a grand Asian trip would occupy my mind for a while. I don’t think we’re ready for any adventure of such kind as yet, but I did put away a simple idea for a post on the heels of that: Enumerate future destinations for our travels.
Just eyeballing the results of this exercise reinforces my long-held belief that for all my pretenses to be a world traveler, I still have much more to see than I have already seen. Actually, zooming out of my nifty world map and controlling for the fact that China is marked as “seen” only on account of Becky and that the vast expanses of Russia, Canada and the US are marked only because the tool colors each country as a whole, that belief becomes self-evident.
Anyhow, in no particular order of preference…
Europe (not counting potential returns to already visited locales):
- Scandinavia and the Baltics
- Russian capitals and the Golden Ring (the former actually visited by Natasha and me, albeit too long ago)
- Adriatic countries of former Yugoslavia (Slovenia, Croatia, Montenegro)
- Mediterranean islands (Cyprus, Malta, Sicily, Sardinia)
- parts of West European countries (France, Germany, Austria, Switzerland, Italy, Spain, etc) that we did not manage to fit into our earlier travels
- Indochina: Thailand, Laos, Cambodia, Vietnam
- [less specifically] Nepal, Malaysia, Indonesia
- New Zealand
- Galapagos Islands
- Easter Island
- a safari (Tanzania? South Africa?)
South and Latin America:
- Costa Rica
- various Caribbean islands
- parts of Mexico beyond Cancun
- Grand Canyon, Yellowstone, Arches, and other natural wonders in Western US
- Pacific Northwest
- French Canada
I am pretty sure this is not an exhaustive list.
A guy can dream, can’t he?
Judging by our friends travels, Peru and Chile are very popular destinations this year.T.
As I live fairly near the “natural wonders in the Western US,” I can attest to their worthiness of your time. Of course, if you ever decide to come this way, you’ve got a source for all kinds of useful tips… 😉
Comments are closed.